Head Instructor Josh Waltzing
Head Instructor and co-owner of Enriching Confidence, LLC, which is the parent organization of
- Alexandria Martial Arts & Movement
- Empower Boxing Alexandria
- Homeschool Martial Arts
- Motion Parkour Alexandria
- Sauk Centre Taekwondo Academy
- Empower Boxing Sauk Centre
- Little Tigers Preschool Martial Arts
Josh has been teaching in the West Central Minnesota area for nearly 20 years. Not only is he a professional educator with a bachelor’s degree in teaching but he also the only full-time martial arts instructor in the Lakes Area. Where many instructors teach part-time and must juggle their other work and job obligations, Josh focuses his full energy and attention on his students and giving them the best experience possible.
Professional Martial Arts Career Timeline:
- 1998 – Begin Taekwondo
- 2001 – Promoted to 1st Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo
- 2002-February – Took over Melrose Taekwondo school
- 2003-February – Began training in Judo.
- 2003-June – Promoted to 2nd Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo
- 2003-September – Began Sauk Centre Taekwondo Academy
- 2003-September – Join Martial Arts Teacher’s Association
- 2006-July – Promoted to 3rd Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo
- 2008-September – Close Melrose Taekwondo to start teaching Taekwondo in Alexandria.
- 2008-December – Graduated from St. Cloud State University with a bachelor’s degree in education.
- 2012-September – Promoted to 4th Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo
- 2013-May – Begin Empower Boxing Alexandria as the first professional boxing and kickboxing program in the Alexandria Lakes Area.
- 2013-October – Begin Homeschool Martial Arts program.
- 2015-February – Begin Empower Boxing Sauk Centre
- 2015-September – Began training in Haidong Gumdo.
- 2015-July – Level 1 USA Taekwondo Certified Coach
- 2015-July – Coach to USA Taekwondo National Sparring Champion
- 2016-June – Promoted to 5th Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo
- 2016-July – Coached a team at USA Taekwondo National Championships.
- 2017-August – Helped form Forever Reaching to Eliminate Exploitation in Alexandria.
- 2017-December – Opened Alexandria Martial Arts & Movement as a home for not only an evening martial arts program but also Homeschool Martial Arts and Empower Boxing.
- 2018-June – Alexandria’s only professional martial arts all-day summer camp.
- 2018-July – Coached in USAT National Championships
- 2018-September – Brought the first Parkour program to Alexandria and surrounding communities
- 2019-February – USAT Minnesota State Senior Division Gold Medal Forms
- 2019-April – Motion Parkour Level 1 Instructor Certification
- May – Voice of Alexandria Voices that Care Nominee
- 2019-July – Coach to 2 – USA Taekwondo National Sparring Champions
- 2019-October – Begin Competitive Edge Mastery of Positive Thinking personal development program.
- 2020 – January Named the 2019 Martial Arts Teacher’s Association Instructor of the Year.
Our Amazing Team
Co-Owner – Enriching Confidence, LLC
Head Instructor – Empower Boxing
Instructor – Empower Boxing
Program Director – Enriching Confidence
Empower Boxing Instructor
Instructor – Empower Boxing
Instructor – Yoga
Mr. Anthony Larson
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor – Martial Arts
Instructor – Motion Parkour
2x Diamond Nationals Creative Forms and Weapons forms Grand Champion.
Black Belts and Assistant Instructors
2nd Degree Black Belts
1st Degree Black Belts
Junior Black Belts
2019 Voices That Cares nominee
“Adding Some Kick to Downtown” – Echo Press, February 2018
“Alexandria Martial Arts Group Competes at National Tournament” – Echo Press, July 2019