Welcome to the Page for the 2021 Conquering Fear of Violence Course
This year’s course will again be taught by Josh Waltzing and coordinated between Alexandria Martial Arts & Movement AND Someplace Safe.
As a participant you will learn about why self-defense is not as clear-cut as many claim it to be. It is messy, complicated, and full of unexpected realities.
Learn the following…
- Five Stages of Violent Crime by Marc MacYoung
- Pyramid of Personal Safety by Marc MacYoung
- What the Bad Guy always controls
- The Three Types of Bad Guys
- What the best self-defense weapons REALLY is…it is not what you think!
- Reaction based self-defense techniques
- Law-enforcement based self-defense techniques
Course will be taught at 415 Fillmore Street, Alexandria, MN 56308 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
Wear comfortable clothing that you can move, block, kick, and strike in.
We highly recommend that you come with a friend as there will be many partner drills involved where you may want a friend or better yet, a young woman you care about, to practice with. It will be a great opportunity for you both to learn and work together to stay safe.
To register for this FREE Course, simply click here.